Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laser tattoo removal

Options
  • 07-08-2009 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I've just had a patch test done of laser removal. I was just wondering what peoples opinions were on the treatment.

Have you had it done?
    Has it worked?
    Any horror stories? etc. etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Dragonz_Rawr

I have just had my second treatment on a small tattoo on my wrist - it definitely faded after the first treatment - I found it was grand for a few days, then it came up in blisters and went all bumpy - it took about 3 weeks to calm down - but there was a definite difference.

Second treatment was done on Wednesday afternoon - no blistering or anything yet but am sure that will come over the next couple of days. I can see the results though.

They did say to me though that it depended on how good your digestion and immune system etc was - I have no immune system to speak of, so maybe you will have a quicker healing time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

Whereabouts did you guys get this done??

Got a bad tattoo done and this would seem to be the only option to fix it??

Thanks.

Mine was done at the Laser Centre in Hume Street - just off Stephens Green. Am happy with them - €100 per treatment but they are doing a price of €50 per treatment till the end of August.

Think laser or a cover-up is the only options you have tbh...

Double-post - sorry guys...

OK - I rang the centre this morning because my tattoo hasn't blistered or raised or anything...they said that apparently because I had such a long healing time last time, they dropped the intensity of the laser - it went from 720 to 700...(am a bit unsure what that actually means but...) anyway - it's probably something to look out for when you are getting it done because this treatment hasn't had nearly as much impact as the last one. I'm going back next week to be treated again at 720...

Hope that helps you Hibrion...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

Thanks a mill:)

The tattoo is on my ebow... I have always planned on getting a full sleeve but this threw a spanner in the works. Really what I want is to get it lasered enough to have a good cover up.

Thanks again for the info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

I did hear something about this recently. If I'm talkin to the lads again I will ask. Someone made a facebook post about it recently... Wonder if I can find it....

HERE:

iconic art laser tattoo removal open for business. giving you back the potential to get bad ass tattoos.call .by tattooed people for tattooed people

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭tattoo

I was quoted 5,600 euro in a derma clinic, so that was out. I'm getting mine done in Bray. It's in a tattoo studio. After the first treatment (patch test) i had a couple of little lumps on the arm but thats all. I think the laser was set at the lowest level. Nearly time to go back for my second go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 noodlescat

Hey fantasy can you pm me with the details of this place...
    Have been having laser and moved on to light therapy and nothing is shifting my tattoo.... any info a help
    Tnx

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭heyjay14

noodlescat wrote: »
    Hey fantasy can you pm me with the details of this place...
    Have been having laser and moved on to light therapy and nothing is shifting my tattoo.... any info a help
    Tnx

Nine lives in Bray now do laser tattoo removal, give them a bell, see what they say...

heyjay14 wrote: »
    Nine lives in Bray now do laser tattoo removal, give them a bell, see what they say...

Thats where i'm getting mine done. Had my first real session the other day, and it went well. We went over the whole tattoo, two different settings(cover up). There are a lot of holes in the tattoo. Slight blistering in a small part but otherwise it's grand. Itchy as **** now but that's a good thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 sc01

Hey, how much is it per treatment for laser removal in nine lives?

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭heyjay14

tattoo wrote: »
    Thats where i'm getting mine done. Had my first real session the other day, and it went well. We went over the whole tattoo, two different settings(cover up). There are a lot of holes in the tattoo. Slight blistering in a small part but otherwise it's grand. Itchy as **** now but that's a good thing.

Thats a good sign alright, im booked in to get my tattoo there tommorow. Have you ever got a tattoo there before? they any good?
    sc01 wrote: »
    Hey, how much is it per treatment for laser removal in nine lives?

40 euro I think....

I got two of mine done in there, yea they are rele good. Thryre very helpful and if u scratch off a scab by mistake and the colour comes out they will go over it again for free.

I have a tattoo by Anna from Nine Lives. She did a very good job on it. I have been in many times and find them helpful and friendly.

The price of the laser treatment depends on the size of the tattoo. Mine is quite big. The patch test cost 40 euros and the first session cost 80 euros, going over the whole tattoo

Thats really good seeing as ive heard it costs thousands! I have one that i got done there that i want to get removed. Hope they dont take it as an insult...

Thats really good seeing as ive heard it costs thousands! I have one that i got done there that i want to get removed. Hope they dont take it as an insult...

Nah, i doubt she'll mind.

Is the tattoo done badly or is it the design you don't like?

No its done rele well, ite 3 stars goin down the bak of my forarm to my elbow but the stars are slightly outa shape....i drew it that way but sometimes i get rele self concious about it so i was gona get it removed and get 1 star in the same place on both arms. If that makes any sence to u! haha

It makes perfect sense to me, but that doesn't mean a lot.:)

I'm sure if you explain that to Anna, she won't take any offence at all.

Thanks for your help, will u let me know how the removal turned out? And how many treatments u had 2 get?

Thanks for your help, will u let me know how the removal turned out? And how many treatments u had 2 get?

Will do... If i get the hang of photobucket i'll post some pics as well

• Advertisement

Before treatment
    DSC00202.jpg
    After first treatment
    DSC02200.jpg

How on earth can i post a pic instead of a link? Photobucket did it before but i don't seem to be able to now.

edit:

Just use img tags
    [img ]http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx244/kopfather/Tatts/DSC00202.jpg[/img ]

just remove the space between ""

Thats rele good....does it hurt much? My tattoo isnt as big as that! Are u gona get the other 1 filled in again after?

Cheers Will, i'll try to remember that.

I want the whole tattoo gone or faded enough to get a decent one over it. The whole tattoo was lasered so i think a higher setting on the tribal is needed.

It didn't really hurt at all, just annoying

Hmmm...I'm here to thread-hijack...

I went for laser treatment on Sunday at Iconic Art - it's made such a difference compared to what I was getting done at Laser Centre! Mind you - my wrist is in BITS today - couldn't use the mouse at work all day (keyboard shortcuts, anyone? :p) but the guys were saying today at work that it has definitely made a huge difference.

Am going back in 4 weeks to have it done again...might start taking some photos, but I don't have a single photo of it from before I started laser on it!

Is still swollen today - ice pack n Nurofen here I come!

How much is your removal costin dragonz? Yea the tribal needs a higher setting. Do u think it will scar at all? Ive heard ppl are left with bad scars.....sorry about all the qs, im just nervous about gettin it done

How much is your removal costin dragonz? Yea the tribal needs a higher setting. Do u think it will scar at all? Ive heard ppl are left with bad scars.....sorry about all the qs, im just nervous about gettin it done

Heya - mine is only a little one - €50 each time...will see if I can find a pic of it. Iconic charge a max of €150 per treatment regardless of how big the tattoo is...there was a guy in there getting one removed just before me, and it was about the same size as yours...

Loads of bio-oil should minimize any scarring...but don't use it for the first few days.

As regards the setting - I think that each laser is different - at the Laser Centre I was being treated at 700-720, but at Iconic it was set at 550...and the one at 550 has made much more of a difference.

Where abouts is iconic?

Next to Eddie Rockets in Dame Street - upstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Hi all

I stupidly got my bf name tattooed on my ankle a few years back. dunno wat i was thinking:o It's done in gothic style writing and it doesn't even look like his name. It's horrible just want it off now. It's just plain black and quite faded now. Are they able to remove black completely? Also how long do you have to wait between visits? Is it really painful? Don't find tattoos all that painful so is it worse than getting the actual tattoo itself?

Thanks

• Advertisement

ziggy23 wrote: »
    Hi all

I stupidly got my bf name tattooed on my ankle a few years back. dunno wat i was thinking:o It's done in gothic style writing and it doesn't even look like his name. It's horrible just want it off now. It's just plain black and quite faded now. Are they able to remove black completely? Also how long do you have to wait between visits? Is it really painful? Don't find tattoos all that painful so is it worse than getting the actual tattoo itself?

Thanks

Hi ziggy,

The tattooist told me that black is the best colour to remove. You have to wait between 4-8 weeks before you go back, depending on how well you heal. I didn't find it painfull at all. It was nothing like getting the tattoo.

Advertisement